Tuesday, February 9, 2010

my day in pictures


I work at my moms bakery...a lot of people think that I can go to work when I want and not when I don't want to, but the truth is I have to go there everyday 8:30 - 5. If I miss a day or even part of a day I know my work will be waiting for me when I get there. So...when I saw the snow on the ground I had to decide whether to endure the weather and go or stay home. To say that I never stay home is an understatement...I ALWAYS go into work. The work hangs over my head all day if I don't. Well...today I chose to stay home. It is a weird thing, being at home all day. This never happens!!

So, as I laid in bed this morning I contemplated what I wanted to do today. My first thought -lay in bed all day long, reading good blogs and watching movies. I quickly decided that was not a good idea...instead I decided to paint the upstairs office that I talked about in an earlier post.



I really like the color. I only got halfway done before Norah Claire woke up from her nap. It is a good start! As I looked around at all that furniture underneath those drop cloths I realized I don't like any of them so I will be sanding, priming, and painting 4 book shelves...I hope it makes the room look more put together and cuter than before.

NC and I ate lunch and then we decided to go out in the snow and start shoveling. Norah was so cute in the snow. She kept eating it and picking up big pieces and putting it on the shovel for me. We were out there for an hour and she was not ready to come in!

This picture is her sitting on the little bit of snow I still needed to shovel. When we were out there she started singing her favorite Michael Buble song, she is hilarious!!


Then we came inside to warm up. I started looking around my house and realized that I do not get to see it much in natural light since I am not at my house often during the day so I decided it was a good day to take some "after" pictures of our main floor renovations. I hope you enjoy!!



living room before

living room after

bathroom before

Bathroom after

We added a foot from the kitchen to make this toilet nook

"Master" bedroom before

After

Norah's room before

NC room after

this is a pottery barn inspired bookshelf my dad made!

kitchen before

kitchen after





hallway before

hallway after

No comments:

Post a Comment