Friday, January 13, 2012

pregnancy chronicles

I have had the desire to do a week-to-week chronicle of this pregnancy
but lo and behold school has been crazy and here I am already at 16 weeks.

So...lets catch up a little.
I found out I was pregnant when I was only 3 weeks along-crazy.
I immediately starting having symptoms you never want to have while you were pregnant and we went about 3 weeks not knowing if I was pregnant or if we had lost the baby.

This was a very hard time in our family.
Joe and I felt as though we were in mourning over something we were not sure was ever really there.
-it was hard-
We prayed, cried, and realized how much we already loved this little baby.

Well God is good and at week 7 we were able to see a little heartbeat on the ultrasound.
We were relieved and overjoyed. I am tearing up just thinking about it.

The first trimester was pretty easy.
I did not have sickness and much as I did with Norah.
I was extremely tired, but these days finishing up nursing school I am always tired.

That pretty much brings us up to present day:

THE WEEK
16 weeks

GENDER
unknown for a couple more weeks!
{Norah says she wants a boy, but thinks its a girl.}

NAME
we have some ideas...but right now just ideas.

CRAVINGS
earlier this week I was craving McDonalds-ewww.
Now I really want cookies n' cream ice cream

SYMPTOMS
I already feel pregnancy achiness...in my lower back. If this persists it will be a long 6 months!
At my last Dr's appointment I had gained 5 pounds.
I am still in my regular clothes and people at school say they cannot tell I am pregnant so I guess I am not showing yet.
I describe the way I look as chronically full from Thanksgiving dinner.

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT BEING PREGNANT
I love thinking about how my body is working endlessly to grow and nurture this little baby inside of me. I also anticipate the first little kick. I sometimes feel something that could be movement but not positively sure..yet.

WHAT NORAH IS SAYING
Norah is soo cute and so excited to be a big sister. She woke up earlier this week and in a frantic tone said, "MOM! We need to buy a carseat."
We were also at Target and she wanted to buy the baby a swimsuit so they could play in the pool together.
She talks about holding the baby, feeding the baby, and putting the baby down for a nap, she is going to be a huge help, I am can already tell.

PRAYERS FOR THE BABY
Right now I pray for growth and development. I love that I have no control over this and I can only trust the Lord and watch Him work. He has been faithful thus far in this pregnancy and I am confident that He will remain faithful. I am honored to serve a Big God.


1 comment: