Friday, April 2, 2010

The Big Thing

Good Friday...What a very good Good Friday it is!

I cannot help but think about my ransomed life this morning. God was fully man...tortured, beaten, mocked, hung on a cross, and endured the wrath from His Father that I deserve. Oh praise HIM...we have a God that loves us more that we can ever know. I know that seems so cliche to say, but there are no words to describe the LOVE that he showed on that cross. And no one deserved it...not even one.

And it is even better because it doesn't stop there...in 3 days, on Easter he rose again!! Fullfilling all of the scriptures that was written about Him. He is indeed who he says he is. This scripture is as true and relevant today as it was for the people who moved the rock away from the tomb. We have the same purpose as Jesus' closest friends! To glorify God with our lives and honor Him in all we do.

Lord...Thank you for ransoming my life. I cannot wrap my head around that concept. It is soo big. I looked up what ransom means. It said "t
o redeem from captivity, bondage, detention, etc., by paying a demanded price" A demanding price was paid.

I eagerly long for the day I get to rejoice in Heaven but until then my purpose is clear.

These are not just the little things!

Have a Blessed Easter...and think of These Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment