Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Late Post: Mothers Day Project

2 weeks later and I finally found my camera cord...So this is way late but I will blog about it anyway!
I woke up that Saturday before Mothers Day and decided I wanted to make my mom and Joe's mom a silhouette of Norah. I {of course} have never done this before so I started surfing the web to try to get a few suggestions. I could not find anything that seemed easy and the only real piece of advice I found was to add eyelashes so I decided to come up with my own way.

1.a. First I needed a nice profile picture of Norah. That is easy enough right??...wrong. She would sit still fine but she kept opening her mouth and sticking tongue out so I decided to go to plan b.

Outakes!

1.b. I found a picture of her profile. This can be any old picture not even a close up.
Here is the one I used
2. I then cropped the picture to a size I wanted to use. I had 5 x 7 frames sitting around so I knew I wanted it to fit in that size.

Here is the cropped picture
3. Print the picture out onto normal computer paper
4. Cut out around the picture very carefully. {Do not forget to add eyelashes}
5. Trace the cut out picture onto black card stock paper

6. Carefully cut that out.7. Glue to white paper and frame!

VOILA!! Cheap {free} gift that the Mothers enjoyed so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment