Tuesday, May 25, 2010

chalk it up

This is also a late post...but Last weekend was super fun and I would love to share it with you!
First and most importantly Joe and I shared our 6th Wedding Anniversary together. I cannot believe it has been SIX years.

{Us on our Wedding day}


We had a great day! NC and I hung out in the morning while Joe got to work some hours of overtime (score!) When he got home Norah was picked up by Joe's mom and we got to go to Kenwood for some quick shopping. We went to Trader Joe's (LOVE IT!) Got some great flowers from a friend who works there and some great cheap wine that we drank later on in the weekend. From there we went to Crate and Barrel {picked up some great ideas for the next room I am redoing} and the Container Store {my heaven on earth!}
{these were the flowers Joe got me for our anniversary!}

Then we went to DeeFalices on Mainstrasse for Dinner. It was soo good. It is a jazz bar and a restaurant. I got the Jumbalaya and Joe got the steak...it was all delic! Next we went to the one place it is hard to take a child-the MOVIES. We saw Date Night and it was awesome! {I think Tina Fey is soo cool!} All in all...it was a great anniversary.


Sunday was a fantastic day also. The weather was A-mazing so we were able to work on some things outside we have been wanting to get to. Joe, my Dad, and Dave started putting up the much anticipated swing set while my mom and I took down our gross shutters and painted the rod iron and mailbox black to paint to match the rest of our house. The landscaping is done and our front yard is finally looking a little presentable!


For dinner we had a HUGE fruit salad, grilled hamburgers with havarti cheese, salad and the good $5.99 bottle of wine we bought the day before. We ate outside with my parents and Kelsie. It was a great end to a fantastically productive day!


Then we watched the "Lost" finale, {well Joe did- I feel asleep and have yet to finish it.}

The weekend was fantastic and looking forward to this one....hopefully it will involves a pool!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment