Tuesday, May 4, 2010

things ending

So the last many months I have been involved in two significant studies going on in my life.

1. Excellent Wife Bible Study by: Martha Peace
I have been going through this study for probably the last 9 months with my sister Andrea and a good friend Barb. We have been taking our time making our way through the book and study guide. I am so grateful for not rushing through the book. I learned right away how "not excellent" of a wife I am. But I think the thing I am taking away from the study is that I now know how to be "excellent". GOD is soo good...and has given us His word so that we may know how to be more like him. This study taught me how not only to be a wife after God's own heart... But also a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend...and the list goes on and on.
If you are a wife...or even if you are not I would highly recommend SLOWLY going through that book. Don't read a chapter and say, "hmmm, that was good" then move on. Digest it and be changed by it! Of course you can do the same thing with the BIBLE, but the practical application is highly recommended. {and a little spoiler...she uses Bible references everywhere!} So get some friends together and get excellent!
I am sad because this study just ended on Saturday. I do not think I have ever been so sad for a study to end. I think this could be because I have never been as uncomfortable and moved to change as I was in this study. It was hard, convicting, humbling...but also fantastic, and so WORTH IT!! How great is it that God desires to change our hearts to be more like HIM... we do not have to live with our SINFUL nature. {that thought makes me take a deep breath and say AHHH}

2. A parenting class on Sunday Mornings
Joe and I have been attending a class that has been OH so helpful in raising a 2 year old. {I still cannot believe I have a 2 year old!} This class has taught us so much on disciplining her, training her, guiding her, and growing her. How to do thing according to God's word. Knowing that God has entrusted this person in our care is not something we take lightly. We also are so aware that we cannot change her HEART. At the same time we are thankful to have a guidance like this class. I feel as though if we did not have this class she would be MORE out of control than she is right now {if that is possible, she is crying in her bed as I am typing this!} We desire to point her to Christ and show her Christ with our lives. NC in TRAINING is HARD work...but we know that our struggles now will be worth it in the future!

SOOO...both of these classes ending in the SAME WEEKEND! This week I have been feeling a little lonely. I have been thinking often, "okay...you have this information now. You no longer have the ignorance. God has taught you good things so what are you going to do with them!" I pray for wisdom as we go on without our "security" of classes and pray that His words do not go void.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment