Saturday, April 7, 2012

The BEST week of the YEAR!

This week has been crazy..., let me say that again...crazy!

On Tuesday it was Norah's 4th birthday.
I cannot believe she is 4.

On Sunday we went to breakfast, just Norah, Joe and I to First Watch.
It was fun to get to tell Norah how much we love her and ALL of the qualities we love about her.
Then we took her to Build a Bear.
{She has always wanted to go}
I had a coupon...so we went!
This picture is of her washing her monkey.
She bought scrubs for the monkey to match her Nurse scrubs she has at home.
She named it Elephant Reindeer
...so we shorted it to Ellie Reign.

On Tuesday
We went to the park downtown at Sawyer Point and ate lunch outside at Montgomery Inn Boathouse.
It felt like vacation.
Then we had dinner outside at Andrea and Dave's house.
It was just a fun day to spend with her.

On Wednesday I took my huge NCLEX exam!
I was a nervous wreck.
I sped through the exam, had 75 questions and finished in under an hour.
Then you wait for the results.
It was sooo hard.
We went to dinner with Andrea and Dave to Teak in Mt. Adams and I cannot believe I was even focused enough to have conversation because I just wanted so badly to know the results!
Well...early Thursday morning I woke up, looked at the Kentucky Board of Nursing website and they had issued me an RN license!!  Such a relief!  I AM DONE!

So...even though we had full plates this entire week...I tried to keep my mind of the main thing!
IT IS EASTER!

On Friday Norah and I were able to spend some good time talking about the Cross.
Why Jesus had to die on the cross.
Who he died for.
Then that evening Joe and I took her to The Garden of Hope in Covington.
There they have a replica of what the tomb looks like where Jesus died.
It was cool for her to talk through why Jesus' body is not in the tomb and she loves to yell,
"because He's ALIVE!"

Then today we took Norah to a nature park where we hung out, explored, and had her picture taken.

Today I found myself being in a state of constant anticipation of tomorrow.
 I am so excited that Jesus is who he said he was!!!
I am so excited that I have a God who wanted to make A WAY for us to come to Him and be with Him!
OH PRAISE HIM!!!

I look forward to sharing in the excitement with Norah as well tomorrow!!

 It is a total side bar...but for Easter Joe and I wanted to get Norah a sandbox.
I think playing in the sand is something Norah loves to do more than anything else is the entire world!
So...I went to Toys R Us last night as well as researched on Amazon and I soon discovered that sandboxes are really expensive.
So...I decided we were going to make our own.
I knew I wanted a sandbox that she could not climb into...because those are gross.
So...I took an old outdoor firepit that we had...Joe cleaned it out, and we made our own!
It is not perfect...but she will love it!
 We are going to put it on wheels to easily move it in and out of the garage.  
{it is actually bigger than this picture makes it look}

Have a Happy Easter!
HE IS ALIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment