Friday, May 11, 2012

Norah's new room!

For the past few weeks my family and I have been working tiredlessly on getting Norah's new room finished.  I think I have been nesting big time so I have been crazy about getting her room done.  Well last night...it finally was finished and she even moved in!!!

I knew I wanted to do some faux wainscoting on the walls.  I searched and searched for the right wood and could not find it so my dad had to cut each piece to be the measurement I wanted.  He is the best.  I also did not realize that I picked the only room in the house that does not have JUST 4 walls.  I had to pick the room that has many corners in it!!  Joe and my dad are true champs because they did not complain and let me go along with my crazy plan despite all the extra effort it took them!

The first thing I did is measure out on the wall what each section would look like.  This provided a template for the wall color as well as for where to put the wood.



We painted the top color first-purple.  Norahs pick.  Then I painted the squares that would not be covered by the wood on the bottom white.  
We then used a nail gun {one of my favorite things} to put all the wood up.  It was a long process with many steps.  I could not have done this without the help of Joe and my dad.  So pleased with the finished look!



She loves her room...and it gives her soo much more room to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment