Saturday, May 26, 2012

Week 34

THE WEEK
34 weeks
{I am a little late...we were on vacation and I forgot to blog...but week 34 was very important so I definitely wanted to document it.}
 
THE GENDER
A little sweet baby girl...no doubt about it anymore.
 
CRAVINGS
oranges and sushi
{but I think the sushi was because I had a sushi cooking class so it was on the brain!}

SYMPTOMS
ohh the belly.
I am also noticing that I am a lot more tired and would prefer not to do too much.
 
WHAT NORAH IS SAYING
We had an ultrasound this week and Norah was sad she missed it.
She said, "mom, next time you get to go see my baby sister on the big tv please don't leave me at home."
PRAYERS/PRAISES
Yes...we did have an ultrasound this week.
No...it was not planned.
At my doctors appointment on Thursday the doctor said I was measuring small.
This bit of information was not news to me.
I was actually surprised that I have been measuring correctly up until this point because I have always felt as though I was a little smaller than I should be.
So...sure enough at 34 weeks I was measuring 31 weeks.
He suggests and ultrasound then says, "don't worry most women just need to go on bedrest."
WHY DO DOCTORS HAVE TO SAY STUFF LIKE THIS BEFORE THEY EVEN INVESTIGATE!

Anyway...
so that was Thursday morning and we were leaving on vacation for a week on Friday night.
They got me in at 7:40 Friday morning.
Oh course the doctor does not say the possibilities of what could be wrong so my mind begins to wander to all of the possible circumstances I can remember from the OB class I took in nursing school a year ago.
Needless to say I was grateful for Friday morning to arrive.
My mom goes with me and we get a peek at our little girl.
And...that was just it, she is little!
Everything looked great.
There was enough fluid, she was proportionate in size.
Norah was little so I was not surprised to hear she will probably be around 7 lbs.
Right now they said she was measuring around 4 lbs. 12 ounces.
What a relief.
It was fun to get a little peek at her again.
She looked to have chubby cheeks that will rival her big sisters.
The technician said she has tons of hair.
After seeing her it made me even more excited to meet her.
I cannot wait to hold her and love her.
Only 5 weeks.  whoohooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment