Sunday, January 17, 2010

the good, the bad, the ugly!

This title describes the weekend perfectly...

THE GOOD
I was able to spend some really great quality time with some top notch girls this weekend! On a sentimental note, God has placed a great group of girls in my life {an answered prayer} They are fun{ny}, encouraging, loving, and crazy dancers. I think over the last couple years I have been learning what it is like to be a friend and enjoy friends. I always cherish the times we get to spend together.
What else was good...oh dinner tonight with family was goooood. I love our house, it is quaint, cozy, and warm {i hope}. We had warm chicken noodle soup and hot turkey and havarti sandwiches. I love having so many people over that you run out of chairs and everyone is sitting on a corner, elbowing each other, and enjoying the company. Family is good...but family that are also friends is even better. I appreciate them and our growing family!!

THE BAD
Saturday morning and afternoon were bad! Lets just say I really like to go to bed early. I think I am an 80 year old woman stuck in this 26 year old body. I enjoy nestling down in bed around 9:30-10 and dozing off soon after. This ritual did not happen on Friday night. 3:00 am...to some a normal night out, me....never happens!! I know me...i know my body, I need sleep. To function, talk, make sense, do anything. When I do not get it, I shut down. Saturday's are one of my favorite days to get things done. Typically, I have gone to the gym, been to work, showered and back at home by 10 am on a Saturday morning. The rest of Saturday I spend at the house, doing housework, organizing, hanging out with Joe. I love Saturdays. Yesterday was bad. Besides dragging myself out of bed to make it to Norah's swim lessons and trying not to fall in my lunch with my mother-in-law after...I was in bed. {literally the last place I like to be on a Saturday afternoon!} I was practically comatose. Then I had to get back up...get all fancied back up again to go to a wedding! Seriously, I am not made for that kind of lifestyle. We left the wedding by 9:00. I wish I was made for that lifestyle a little more but I like rest too much!

THE UGLY
S0 for Christmas I was given 3 wonderful vases {as seen above} from my mom. She bought them 5 years ago in Savannah and ever since that day I have wanted them. She never hung them and from time to time I would ask her what she was going to do with them...and lets just say it was the best gift ever! I was shocked and so excited. I just love them. So Joe and I were hanging them today over our kitchen sink. I will get an actually picture someday. The first 2 went up like nothing. We were careful, mindful of their fragile state...and treating them with respect. The last one I let Joe handle by himself. I backed away to get a good look at them in all of their beauty and just as that thought of how much I love them was crossing my mind the thought was shattered as I watched the vase slip from Joe's hands onto the granite countertop. My reaction {ugly}...I fell to the floor and shed a tear {or two}...poor Joe. He felt terrible. I didn't blame him, just bummed. What happened next was a miracle. As we assessed the damage I realized the vase had not broken at all. The only thing that broke was the little glass bulb at the bottom {see picture}. There was a perfect smooth break. We glued it back together with nail glue that I happened to have from Andrea's wedding. It seriously is as good as new. Crazy...crazy!!!

the good, the bad, the ugly, it's the little things that make our lives exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment