Wednesday, January 13, 2010

...on my mind


Since it is the beginning of the year...a lot of things start fresh. It is like a clean slate...a good time to reflect on the past and look toward where to go in the future. I am so thankful to have the Hope that I do in Christ as well as the unending grace. It is THAT grace that makes me excited for this next year. In the midst of all of the new things I am trying to center on things that were definite growths in the past year and what {with the help of the Spirit} is to be worked on this year. I would say the theme for last year was being intentional. This year I really think I am being pushed to be effective. ~ 2 Peter 1:8. ~ I want to be effective in increasing the Kingdom. I want to be intentional and allow myself to be used. I think so often I feel like I never have the PERFECT words to say or the CORRECT way to say them...so what do I do, say nothing. My prayer is to be more effective and to have graceful boldness in preaching the GOOD NEWS.

I am scared...and so thankful for the good Helper. I have been reading the Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent and it talked about that Word of God describing itself as POWERFUL! After thinking about all the super powerful things in the world...the things that are hard to put your mind around like a hurricane, when compared to the Gospel is amazing. God is so good...and His WORD is so powerful. I desire to know it more, be transformed by it as well as be informed by it this year so that I can use this power to Glorify our Savior.

...and that is what has been on my mind. {well at least one little thing}

No comments:

Post a Comment