Monday, January 25, 2010

next phase of house renovations



We bought our home in July 2008...it was a foreclosure and we renovated the main floor. We expanded the bathroom, gutted the kitchen, painted everything, new doors, new hardware, new lighting, new plumbing...it was awesome!! My dad and my husband did it all themselves which saved us a ton of money and we practically got everything we wanted {besides the laundry shoot in the bathroom closet}.

Our house also has an upstairs, up to this point the only thing I have done up there is paint the den. The other two bedrooms have been left until now. My goal was to paint the "office" room the week after christmas. It has amazing dark and light hardwood floors and built in dresser drawers that needed to be refinished. It also had track lighting and some other things that needed to go. I was able to get the priming done but up to this point that is where I have stopped.


My dad and my husband also started putting in a half bath up stairs the week after christmas so that has halted my progress on the office because I need them to finish drywalling before I can paint the walls. Since it has almost been a month now...I am started to daydream of the day when phase two of renovations will be completed and my ideas for what I want the space to look like are spinning out of control.





The bathroom is going to be amazing. We bought this fantastic antique pedestal sink and we are doing a black and white small tile floor. The walls are all sorts of angles and we are going to do bead board on all the walls and the ceiling. I cannot wait to show you the end result. {the sink is similar to the one on the left but not exactly, check out those handles!}






In the office I am wanting to do some built in bookshelves and a window seat. As well as get a super cool bankers desk chair for the desk. I told my dad the longer I have to wait to put the room together the more antsy I get and the bigger ideas I dream up which in turn means more work for them.




All in all, I would highly recommend renovating a house...I need to take some pictures and put up before and after shots of all of the progress - it is truly a blessing. I think my husband and I say to each other daily how thankful we are to have a home and how much we appreciate the one God has blessed us with.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh. It sounds so fun! I can't wait for the day when we can do that! I have to see pictures of that bathroom! I love the sink!

    ReplyDelete